Facts and Statistics in Excellence
In the past ten years Christ Our King- Stella Maris School has received the following recognition:
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) as by the Catholic Diocese of Charleston.
- Named a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence based on our high scores in reading a math on nationally standardized tests and on our comprehensive and innovative curriculum.
- COK-SM School Board was named a Distinguished Board by the National Catholic Education Association.
- The readers of the Moultrie News voted COK-SM the #1 private school in the region for seven years in a row.
- 8th grade students qualify to take PSAT at Bishop England High School if they score at least 92% on the most MAP or other standardized test. In past several years COK-SM has had 35% - 50% of the 8th graders qualify to take PSAT.
- Students who score 50 or higher on the PSAT in verbal, math or writing were named South Carolina Junior Scholars. In past several years COKSM has had 20%-35% of the qualifying students named SC Scholars.
- 7th grade students qualify to take the SAT and ACT if they score at least 95% on the MAP, or comparable test in either math/science, verbal/social studies or composite tests. In past several years 10- 20 % of seventh graders took the SAT or ACT as Duke TIP Scholars and 35% - 45% of the students scores are high enough to receive State Recognition.
COK-SM Middle School students participate in the VFW essay contest. Every year we have at least one finalist in the local area and have had several winners at district level. Last year we had three local winners and one district winner in VFW contest.
COK-SM students participate in the Mathcounts Competition held at the Citadel. Our students have placed individually and as a team many times. Last year, COK-SM team placed 3rd and we had two individuals place in the the top 10.
Our Lego Robotics teams have placed in top 3 in both regional competitions and at state competitions for several years in a row.
The Junior Beta Club, a service club for honor roll students, is active with over 50 students participating. Each year, they compete at the state competition and have qualified for National BETA Competition in several categories for the past five years.
Each year we have middle school students who are chosen to participate in Honor Choir by the Southern Division of the American Choral Directors Association .
Our school dance team, the Crusaderettes, have qualified for and earned National recognition for the past 5 years in the National UDA Dance Competition.
For many years we have hosted an annual Math Competition in the spring hosting over 200 students from grades 3 - 8.
COK-SM offers four high school courses, Spanish 1, Algebra 1, Geometry, and Algebra 2, which students can earn high school credits.
Our school participates in the SCRIPPS Spelling Bee by offering a school Spelling Bee, and Catholic Schools Spelling Bee, and some of our students have moved up to the regional bee.
Our students also participate in a school wide GEO BEE and the winner has qualified for the state competition every year in the Geography Bee.
We have over 30 sports teams with sports such as basketball, golf, tennis, archery, baseball, volleyball, cheer and dance, to name a few.
8th graders lead individual service projects their eighth grade year helping local agencies and learning the important concepts such as service, leadership, public speaking, and self awareness.
Our students give several thousand dollars each year to local organizations students choose to give to each week in our We Give Wednesday at our weekly school Mass.